violín, Ivan Rabaglia
Born in Parma, Rabaglia graduated with the highest honours after studying with Grazia Serradimigni and attending masterclasses with Franco Gulli, Stefan Gheorghiu, Pavel Vernikov, Ilya Grubert, Zinaida Gilels, Trio di Trieste and Isaac Stern at the Chamber Music Workshop in New York. In 1990, alongside pianist Alberto Miodini and cellist Enrico Bronzi, he founded the Trio di Parma that won the first prizes at the Vittorio Gui International Competition in Florence, the Internationaler Musikwettbewerb in Munich, the Concours International de Musique de Chambre in Lyon, the second prize at the Melbourne International Chamber Music Competition and the Abbiati Prize as the best chamber music ensemble of the Italian Critics Association. Ivan Rabaglia has been invited by prominent institutions such as S. Cecilia (Rome), Società del Quartetto (Milan), Amici della Musica (Florence), La Fenice (Venice), Unione Musicale (Turin), Musica Insieme (Bologna), Amici della Musica (Palermo), Berliner Festspiele, Salle Moliere (Lyon), Philharmonie of St. Petersburg, Wigmore Hall (London), Lincoln Center and Carnegie Hall (New York), Teatro Colon (Buenos Aires), the Lockenhaus Festival, the Lucerne Festival, the Melbourne Festival, the Orta Festival and the District Lake Festival. In addition to a number of radio recordings for the most important stations in Italy, Germany, USA and Australia, Ivan Rabaglia’s discography includes the complete Brahms and Beethoven Trios, Dvorak op.65, Ravel Trio and Sonatas, De Fossa three Quartets op.19, Giuliani Sonata and Trio with guitar, Shostakovich Trios and Romances (prize-winner as the best chamber music recording of the year 2008 from the Classic Voice magazine) as well as Pizzetti, Liszt and Schumann Complete Trios for the label Concerto Classics. He is a professor at the Istituto Superiore ‘Vecchi-Tonelli’ in Modena, at the Scuola Internazionale del Trio di Trieste in Duino and at the Scuola di Musica in Fiesole. He plays a Giovanni Battista Guadagnini violin made in Piacenza in 1744.